OUR HISTORY & ACHIEVEMENTS
You are joining a proud tradition, reaching back for six decades. The People to People Program was officially launched by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956.
- 1956 President Eisenhower's vision defines the People to People International mission
- 1961 People to People International was incorporated in Missouri and its operations moved there in October 1961 as a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization
- 1962 People to People International travels its first student group to Europe, briefed by Robert Kennedy
- 1976 Students visit China
- 1987 Students travel to Russia and meet Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev
- 1989 Students witness the fall of the Berlin Wall
- 2005 People to People International becomes the first student travel organization to go to all seven continents
- 2013 People to People International students host Chinese students during Presidential Inauguration
ECE International is an industry winning organisation having achieved the coveted Queens Award. The Queen's Awards for Enterprise is a highly prestigious award for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of Innovation, International Trade and Sustainable Development. The awards are made annually and are only given for the highest levels of excellence demonstrated in each category, and for having the 'corporate knighthood' bestowed on us by Her Majesty The Queen of England for the quality of our business.
Mike Clark is the Founder of ECE International and a Board Director of SYTA – Student Youth Travel Association of the USA and fully understands the global travel market. He also sits on the Steering Group of ETOA – the European Tour Operators Association, and has ensured with his new team that our programs meet the stringent requirements of the Schools Travel Forum 'Learning outside the classroom' that necessitates risk assessment and safety auditing of our entire travel process.
We, together with our worldwide partners who have a similar quality, safety and heritage pedigree are focussed on investing further to ensure we deliver the requisite high quality and unique experiences.